Sep 21, 2012

NYFW: Stripe Review

Photo via Pinterest
The verdict is in... if it's even possible, STRIPES came back bigger then ever in the Spring 2013 presentations last week in New York. We were waiting with bated breath and low & behold they did not disappoint. Although it's not earth-shattering news to here that they remained present, their interpretations were definitely notable.  Here is a photo recap of some of the best stripes I've seen walk down the runway this season.

Alice + Olivia, Spring 2013
Watercolor Stripes
Belstaff, Spring 2013
Vertically-placed Stripes
Michael Kors, Spring 2013
Stripes in mixed sizes
I actually felt the Tommy show was better done on the menswear side then on the women's. 
Loved all of the stripe interpretations for my guy.
Tommy Hilfiger Men's, Spring 2013
Placed Stripes in Menswear
JCrew, Spring 2013
Striped Pantaloons
The next dress is all over the internet from the minute it hit the runway... for obvious reasons, it's to die for. I would kill to have this dress. Where am I going in it, I have no clue, it doesn't matter though, does it. I'll twirl around in my bedroom in front of the mirror if I feel like it. Props to Oscar for taking something so simple and literally turning it into something that takes my darn breath away.
Oscar de la Renta, Spring 2013
Bias Striped Ballgown
I don't know about you, but I'll be rocking the stripes everyday. I can't help myself.
*all fashion week photos courtesy of Style.com*



No comments:

Post a Comment