Sep 17, 2012

See, what had happened was...

Did you all catch a bit of New York's fashion week last week?
It was a bit strange for me being away from the city. When you're living and commuting there, you can't help but feel the energy exuding from uptown no matter where you're going/working/living.
I was a tad too busy floating around my house in domestic bliss to follow it every day, but I did check in on a few of my favorite designers to see what they had in store for us all next Spring... (and I checked in on our stripe friends.. they did it big y'all! So we'll do a separate post on their success later in the week.) Not only were there a ton of awning stripes but black was a staple infused with the primary colors... Not sure I am totally there yet.
There's also always one each season that falls short, all a matter of preference of course, but for me this time was Proenza Schoular. I'm sorry, but who is wearing that? The bold print mixing, jarring color choices, 80's sleeveless (and color blocked!) leather vests and zipper-fronts were a little too much for me. Maybe next time, boys.

Here are my top 5 loves from the NYFW Spring 2013:

5. Rachael Comey - killer silhouettes. some super feminine & sweet cuts in this collection.

4. Boy by Band of Outsiders - ombre pleats. would you not rock the socks off this?

3. Rebecca Taylor - weekend luxe. Always girly, but it never gets old. Reliably casually cool.

2. DVF - flirty, feminine, color! overall, REFRESHING. Stole the show for me. So hard to find my favorite look because they're all so perfect. Please go view the full collection HERE

1. Oscar De La Renta - striped ball gown. I died and went to heaven.

Photo credits to: Fashion Week Daily


No comments:

Post a Comment