Oct 16, 2012

BFW: Bridal Fashion Week

Photo via @mercinewyork Instagram
Some of my favorite bloggers were at Bridal Fashion Week last week and let me tell you, I couldn't pry myself off of Instagram. I'm already married, yes, but the infatuation with the gowns never lets up for me. The structure or lack-there-of, the ethereal qualities, the bows, lace, ribbon, petticoats, veils, hairstyles, make-up, everything encompassing that day just brings me so much satisfaction. I loved my wedding day more then any other day on this earth, and the feeling I got in my dress, I felt like the most beautiful girl on the planet. I still look back on photos and think "who was that girl? that's not me". Your wedding day is the most glorious day you'll ever experience and the dress carries so much of that story. It literally is the start and the end of that day. It starts when you put on that dress, it ends when you take it off. You have to make it count. 
Anyway, you can see how passionate I am for these little white things! So, you can imagine how giddy I was when I started seeing photos of the 2013 styles on the runway show up in my feed.  
Photo via @glamourmag Instagram
I mean look at that back?! Would you expect anything less from a Jenny Packham?

The silhouettes over at Winnie Couture, reminded me a lot of my own dress.. good to know it's still a classic.
Photo via @glamourmag
The sleeves on this Christos dress are stunning.. If you're one of those brides that need their arms covered for the ceremony, would you not die over this one?
Photo via @mercinewyork
Have a sweet-tooth for the whimsy of it all? Check out these charming gowns.
Kenneth Pool
Photo via @glamourmag
Monique Lhuillier
Photo via @mercinewyork
Jim Hjelm
Photo via @mercinewyork
Modern Trousseau
Photo via @glamourmag
Kenneth Poole showcased the 60's beehive for hair, which I don't know about y'all but I love a good bouffant.
Photo via @mercinewyork
You can see why I go bonkers over this stuff? If I could just float around in wedding day decor all day long, I would. Who can stop me? 
Check out more from the BFW over on the Huffington Post. They did a great wrap on the week and their slideshow showcases a ton of other dresses that I drool over.

*edit: Brides Magazine also compiled some of the greatest looks of the week on their Pinterest board, check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment