Oct 18, 2012

Fall? Autumn? Layering weather...


I'm feeling a bit silly this Fall over the fact that I have yet to put on a boot, let alone a closed toe shoe. It's my first time ever, being in such warm weather during football season and I kind of love it. I don't know how long my fondness will last, but for now, I enjoy being in short-shorts and a tee, flip-floppin' my way around this beautiful town. I always dreamt of the endless summer, and I think I'm getting a taste of it now. My beach bunny ways as a kid are something I can't hide no matter how chic my attempt at the urban lifestyle. I'm an eclectic, gypsy-esque, sand fairy and I am always happier at the shore-break getting my tan on. 
Despite the fact that I'm still kicking it in 80 degrees, I'm still entertained by all of the email blasts from the fashion elite with their push on this Fall's must-haves. I enjoy the hankering for the fall items without the necessity to buy them. Dollahs in my pocket! Nothing a little window-shopping can't hurt. 
Here are my picks for the top 5 Fall looks I've came across, and once the weather becomes more appropriate in December, I'll be rocking. Best part in all this, the puffers got shoved to the very back of the closet. Sayonara! 

Photo via carolinesmode.com
  1. Great for the chilly, relaxed weekends. This one has been a trans-seasonal staple for years now. My favorite thing about this look is the pop of neon with the shoes. I have a pair of flats this color which I'll be throwing on with my go-to relaxed jeans, grey V-neck & army green cargo jkt.
Photo via thismodernlifestyle
2. For the possibility of running into someone while doing errands. I love how chic yet super comfortable this look is. You can't go wrong in black skinny jeans and pairing your slouchy tee, with a layered sweater and leather jacket - really looks so put together. 

Photo via idontwantrealism
3. Ok, you win, I'll go out in public today. I don't know about you, but I would live in my leggings if I could. They're the next best thing to real pants. Luckily, they're always kind of in fashion if you wear them correctly, and this look confirms that. Throw on an oversized sweater, some boots, and play it off as a properly planned cold-day outfit with a gold bangle, beanie, and parka.
Photo via witanddelight
4. I can pull it together, too.  Now we all know, there is nothing a little blazer and skinny jeans can't handle. Wearing your casual button-down tucked out makes it feel that much cooler (take note as above). Really, this look is super simple and a no-brainer, so when you're feeling those legging days, remember to whip this outfit out instead.

5. Shorts and Sweater kind of weather. Go ahead, give yourself a moment.... shorts? really? Well, I know for years I've had to stare at editorials showing shorts in colder weather and I always hated the fact that there was never that kind of temperature fluctuation around my neck of the woods. Well, alas! I am finally in the perfect climate that will allow me to rock the shorts and sweaters together. This look is an oldie but goodie from Miss Gwyn herself and I'm so happy to finally be able to rock the best of both worlds this year!

On a side note: Do you use Fall or Autumn to reference this season? I tend to use Fall, but I often wonder if many more people say Autumn. Let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment