Nov 6, 2012

What's on my mind...

.....What's it take to have good hair?


I'm not sure about y'all, but my hair is getting on my last nerve. I'm not one to keep up with my 6-8wk hair appointments and I know, I really should. I usually just wait until it becomes painfully unmanageable.
This is what my hair usually looks like on a daily basis....
On the days that I do take the effort and the time to make my locks all flawless, wavy, and callous-free, I always wonder why I don't take the few extra minutes every day to make it look this fabulous. Nothing can go wrong in the world when my hair is working in my favor. I feel feminine, beautiful and completely in control. I mean when it comes down to it, all I really want is good hair.
I'm a sucker for hair products that make me believe that they can change my poof into the first photo above. I've probably tried everything on the market past and present. At 28, I've now come down to the  five go-to products that I cannot stray from or this mop will be life-less, dull and unruly.

1. Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo - You all know how unhealthy it is to wash your hair everyday, right? Well, this dry shampoo is a life saver on getting the longest shelf-life out of your strands and I live for this. I swear my hair looks better using this than regular shampoo.
2. Moroccan Oil - I was first introduced to this at my hair salon in Brooklyn about 5 years ago and I loved how it made my hair smell. A little goes a long way, and over the years, I've found that if I put it on my wet hair right out of the shower, into a turban, it makes it super soft. I also use a dab after I blow dry to smooth and soften any fly-aways. This stuff is well worth the price-tag and it lasts practically forever.
3. Jojoba Hot Oil Treatment - We're all familiar with the VO5 hot oil treatments we used in high school, but didn't you always hate that awful smell they left you with for days? Well the Jojoba HO is not only cheaper, but it smells way better without that chemically smell. Since I have really thick/dry hair, I use one of these tubes every 2 months to bring life back into my mane. They're just as good as the conditioning treatments they do on me at the salon, but cost less than the tip to my stylist.
4. Dove Extra Hold Hair Spray - I picked up a trial-size of this hairspray for a vacation back in college and I was obsessed with the fresh smell it left my bun. I don't know about you, but I hate the smell of all the hair-sprays on the market that make you smell like you just came from sitting under the dryers at the salon. Before this, I hated using hairspray because it completely over-rided my scent, yuck. This one smells so fresh and clean, like you just washed your hair. I need it for those days I sweep it back and I want it to stay there. Nothing worse then having to fix your falling bouffant throughout the day. It's extra hold, but it goes on super light, and the best part is, it does what it says.
5. Round Boar Bristle Brush - This brush has been my savior. I never could re-create my salon blow-outs at home and frankly, it p'ed me off. Once I got this brush, magic happened. Not only do the boar bristles smooth my hair like no other, but the size helps me when blow drying and effortlessly adds that little flip to my ends. When I'm in a crunch I use it just on my bangs to get them all Farrah Fawcett-y and out of my face.
All of these products can be purchased on Amazon.com

I always love finding out what products people can't live without. Do you have some secret hair products that help you control your do? Please share!




No comments:

Post a Comment