Dec 4, 2012

aaaaand, we're off!


On our Griswold Betz family road-trip...
Heading up to the good 'ol state of New Jersey to visit family and friends we haven't seen in awhile before Christmas. More importantly we're heading up to celebrate the union of our good friends, Melissa and Alex. Wahooo, you two!
I'm dreading this 12 hour drive, and did I mention, waking up at 3am? My husband is itching to get behind the wheel. So, by the time you're reading this all snug as a rug in your chair, think of me playing the backseat driver to my wonderfully race car driver  skilled better half. Naps or reclining back in my seat? Not without one eye open. I promised I'd switch turns behind the wheel while on I95 seeing that it's one long black hole of nothingness for a good 5 hours of our drive. Which in better terms means I get to control the satellite radio for at least 2 hours. When J controls the radio, it sounds more like constant channel surfing and a few "HEY! That was a good song.." piping in from the passenger seat. Bathroom breaks are my nemesis, I can hold water like a camel, but my husband pees like a pregnant woman. Not even joking, sometimes it's so bad I've even asked him if he was carrying our child. He thinks I'm officially insane for having a problem with someone having to go to the bathroom, but for me it's more about the time spent having to stop every 45 minutes. Our dog even rolls his eyes...

Oh the joy's of road-trips, let's hope we all get there and back next week in one piece!


No comments:

Post a Comment