Dec 17, 2012

Holiday GG: ornaments

It's about that time to start trimming the tree. If you're anything like me, you realize every single year (once you open your tree box) how crappy your ornaments are. The old sad looking ones get tossed, the ugly ones get shoved to the back of the tree, and the pretty ones that mean the most all fight for the center front spot on the beefiest branches. 
I try my best after Christmas every year to pick up some on clearance.. but, once the holiday is over, and we've spent a whole month shopping for the stuff, the desire to spend more money on outdated decor becomes tiresome. So, this year, if I see one I like, I buy it. I'm pretty sure I have one in the crevice of the ornament box, no longer sporting a hook, that can enjoy a well-deserved retirement.
The best ornaments though are the ones that tell stories. Ones that bring back a feeling, moment, or time in your life that you get to reminisce on while finding it the perfect branch. To me, there's no better gift than a well-thought out one. Ornaments make great add-on gifts, so why not cut the waste and save on bows this year? Clip these onto your gift box to give your present a bit of character.

7. Don't forget your Scentsicles scented ornaments $5

How cute is aspen bunny? She's pretty fierce.


No comments:

Post a Comment