Jan 2, 2013

New year, new you?

via http://sedaduas.tumblr.com/
Well, we all made it to another year. Don't lie, you know you thought the world was ending on Dec 21st.  I hope the time off with your family and friends enjoying some much needed R&R was just what the doctor ordered. 
I have had one of the most memorable holidays yet, thus far, in my wee little 28yr old life. I had the best time with my parents and brother in our first house. It was such an amazing feeling being able to host a holiday in a spacious home and being able to break-in our new dining room with a big family-style meal. I've never laughed so much in my life, or talked about so much with my mother. When I said it was a blessing (on facebook) I meant it. Sometimes time with the people that matter most is all that we need. No present under the tree could've gave me that much happiness. I hope yours was just as meaningful.
On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of New Years. I think it forces us to evaluate where we've been, where we're going, and has this awful undertone of finality. Ugh. One thing I did notice, everyone took to social media to spout how 2013 was going to be "the year" or "their year" and "big things ahead". I know 'pop.pop.fizz.fizz.' lends itself to this kind of enthusiasm at every year's end but this year seemed to be more inundated with everyone believing this was going to be the 'it' year for them. Maybe it's the lucky number 13? I too, feel that this will be my year in more ways than one. I started a list at the beginning of last December and I am hoping to accomplish much of this list. Accomplishment to me is a way to feel in charge and in control of what the year dishes. By physically checking things off my 2013 list, I should feel pretty on-top of the world by next Dec 31st. Now resolutions, I don't do resolutions. They only get broken by mid-January anyway. Kind of just like giving up something for lent. PASS.
Well, as I ease back into the routine, and we pick up where we left off here on the blog, I'd like to challenge you as my photo does above....
Let's do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment