Sep 24, 2012

Emmy Fash

I don't know if you've heard...but it's Monday.

'Quirky' Deschanel in Reem Acra
is it just me or does the dress look 
more fit for Rosie and Sophia Grace?
Last night were the Emmys. I'm not really a big fan of award shows, honestly they bore me. I do believe though, that it is required of me and my fashion duty to see what the nominees and attendees are wearing...no problem, I can do that. 
First, we are just going to get this all out of the way, because everyone loves her way too much - Zooey Deschanel in Reem Acra. Oh, how I want to kick her quirky to the curb. 
Heidi Klum in Alexandre Vauthier Couture
p.s. I've had 4 kids.
I get it. You think you're quirky. You even have the quirky voice to fit the image. Her princess dress at last night's event? meh. If only Zooey woke up one day and decided to be a real girl, you know dress all Heidi Klum and all.

Speaking of Miss. Klum, please tell me you saw the dress last night... If that was not a statement to Seal, "last time I checked I can fornicate with whomever I see fit, auf wiedersehen." 


Claire Danes in Lanvin
I can't find the bump in all that blouson :/
How do you all feel about our pregnant friend, Claire Danes? Pregnancy fashion can be kind of hard if you're not really feeling it. I think the color looks amazing on her and she is definitely glowing. The dress is also Lanvin, so love, love points there. The only thing that doesn't complete the gorgeousness picture here, for me, is the silhouette. 
I was lucky enough (cue sarcasm) to see Claire do the rounds on daytime television over the past week before the big show and I was floored at the fact that you couldn't even tell she was kangarooing a baby in there! 
So, I really wish she would've taken the same approach for the awards and still put her eenie weenie bump into something a little more flattering and belly skimming. She looks good, but I think she could've looked much better. I feel like I want to wear this to the beach or to dinner on an all-inclusive vacation. Oh Claire, don't hide it - flaunt it!
Emily, who? - in J. Mendel
I'm not sure how many of you watch the ABC show, Revenge? I don't. I'm an all reality show type of girl myself, so I had to look this next actress up on Wiki. - Emily Vancamp in J. Mendel. 
When I saw her on the red carpet, I just thought she looked stunning.. stun. The dress is beautiful and her accessories, make-up and hair complement it beautifully. I still don't know who she is, because I won't watch the show, but hopefully we will see her again since she does the red carpet some good. 
Julianne Hough in Georges Hobeika
Ryan Seacrest seems to have done Julianne Hough some good lately. She absolutely stole the red carpet! I tend to think she looks like some gorgeously ethereal  mermaid. The dress is just killer. 
There definitely was some sort of aquatic trend happening last night with Sofia Vergara also sporting the same silhouette and teal-green color.  I wasn't as much of fan of Sofia's look, it tended to be a tad overdone. Love her, but did not love the dress. 
Julianne's makeup and hair I think really put together the whole flawless image we're seeing here. There are so many ways to have gone wrong, and I'm so happy she got it so right! Her look was the most refreshingly new to me, and what makes me loathe award season, is the same old dresses, same old colors, and same boring hair styles on the carpet season after season. The designers are not the ones to blame, but the person creating their image whether it be a stylist or some brave independents that tackle it themselves. 
Speaking of those brave ones that dress themselves, do you think Ashley Judd was one of them? My nominee for worst dressed. I feel terrible nominating such a sweet, sweet actress but we're talking fashion and all bets are off when it comes to your dress. It looks awfully like a prom dress off the rack at the Deb Shop.  Dare I say, cheap to a Carolina Herrara?... oh that just hurts. Wouldn't she have looked so spectacular if she kept from the neck up and threw on, say, Guiliana Rancic's dress from Romona Keveza? Okay, I guess the bouffant needs to deflate some too.


Well, that's a wrap on Emmy fashion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment