Sep 25, 2012

Smells like teen spirit

"She's overboard and self-assured
Oh, no, I know a dirty word"
- Nirvana

  Joanie ' Chyna Doll' Laurer,
Emmys 1999
Paula Abdul,
Emmys 1989
Let's take a look at some worst dressed nominees from Sunday night's Emmy party... Of course, it's all relative. One man's trash is another man's treasure. You may find these pretty compelling - Don't let me tell you differently. In yesterday's post I already designated my worst dressed of the night to Ashley Judd in Carolina Herrara. But alas, there are many, many more that just do not make the fashion cut. Let's put them on parade. Don't worry, you can all make it up again next year... this will all be in the past in less than a month because well, thankfully, none of you were as bad as Joanie Laurer in 1999 or Paula Abdul in 1989. All designers will remain anonymous.... for fashion's sake.
Elisabeth Moss

Lena Dunham
Emilia Clarke

Hayden Panettiere
Kelly Osbourne
Yes, yes I did it. I don't care if Kelly Osbourne had nail polish on that cost $250,000. Matching your dress to your hair, or hair to your dress, never bought you a ticket to the best dressed list. Nor does your seat on Fashion Police.
Hayden Panettiere went a bit too over the top with the drape. The dress looks like it has strong potential if only they cut off about 3 yards of chiffon from it. The colors are pretty though.
I don't think I need to state my case for Emilia Clarke's dress. If that's what you want to call it.
Lena Dunham is a bit too conservative for my eye. I also kind of want to cut off the sleeves, lower the neckline, and maybe add a belt at the waistline. Did they even have to pattern this dress?
Poor, poor Elisabeth Moss. I really hope this dress looked completely different in her hotel room. You know, one of those situations when you bring something outside and it becomes something else. This dress looks like it may have grew a few extra ruffles in photosynthesis.




No comments:

Post a Comment