Oct 1, 2012

Good day for a white wedding

Photo courtesy of : HuffingtonPost.com 
 Well, well ... The Bride Wars actress herself got married this weekend! In an absolutely exquisite dress by Valentino none-the-less.
Our Brooklyn girl, Ann Hathaway tied the knot to her fiance of a year, Adam Shulman this past Friday in Big Sur, California. The ceremony was at a private residence and was planned by Yifat Oren, who also happened to be Natalie Portman's wedding planner. Busy guy! The couple entertained around 180 guests and the rustic decor was just fitting for the venue.
But let's get to the good stuff now - What she's wearing!
Let's discuss the veil. If you all remember correctly, AH just chopped off all her hair for the role in the Les Misérables movie. So, in her embracing of the new pixie cut on her wedding day, (I give her credit that's kind of hard) she had the man himself, Valentino, create this custom magical headpiece-veil. Stop. It's beautiful! But, our bride, our stunning, most angelic bride, has Valentino hanging out in the dirt. I feel I need to cue Jason Aldean 'Dirt Road Anthem' here. I'm really trying hard to see her point of view. Is it just the fact that she wears designers of this scale all the time? Should I relate this situation to my own wedding gown that I took through the ringer; drug through sand, surf, and fiddler crabs? I just don't get it. But, I'll give her a pass on her wedding day and say that even in grainy stalker-esque photos, she still always manages to look flawless.
Now I know each and every one of us would kill to be in her dress for a minute... Glamour mag did us all a favor and chose 6-inspired wedding gowns that look just.like.Ann's. My favorite was this Monique Lhuillier stunner. 
Photo courtest of: Glamour.com
Congrats again to the newlyweds and happy honeymoon!




No comments:

Post a Comment